Let the Ancient Mayan Ruins of San Gervasio introduce you to the Mayan civilization. Follow a guide as they walk you through the largest and most significant Mayan settlement in Cozumel. You’ll learn about the deity Ix Chel – goddess of fertility and health – and see remnants of the site’s temple and sculptures, along with ruins of nine other buildings. Next, stop by El Mirador, a rocky formation carved out by the ocean’s tide. Continue your journey to the Mayan Cacao Company where you’ll learn about the history of chocolate, its manufacturing process, and participate in a demonstration and tasting.
- San Gervasio: See the largest and most significant Mayan settlements on the Island of Cozumel.
- El Mirador: View a rocky formation carved out by the ocean, admire the turquoise waters, and take a commemorative photo.
- Mayan Cacao Company: Learn about chocolate, its origins, and take part in a demonstration and tasting.
Important details and advisements
- Flash bulbs, tripods, and professional video equipment are prohibited at the archeological site. Guests taking videos in any format (video cameras, cell phones, tablets, etc.) will be charged government fee of approximately $8-$10 USD payable in cash at site.
- Time permitting, limited shopping is available during the tour.
- This tour utilizes an audio system that provides guests with headset units to use during the tour. These units will assist the users with hearing the narration provided by the guides and are to be returned at the end of the tour.
- These tours may be suitable for families with young children. Age restrictions may apply.
- All chocolate products are gluten-free.